Sunday, September 6, 2015

My first blog post!



Hey guys. It’s Gabby here and welcome to my very first blog post. I can’t wait to start exploring Language and Literature and sharing my opinions on here!




Before that begins, I think it’s important to share a little about myself too. First off, I love being around a camera. Whenever I’ve got one with me, there are at least fifty photos taken. I spend a lot of my free time watching videos and hope to begin making my own videos soon. I really care about my personal blog and blogging as well, which is why I am really excited for the future of this blog. I really hope to continue this expression of language throughout DP and potentially continue it after high school.

In terms of language, I feel like I have a unique standpoint seeing as I’ve had the opportunity to experience many different languages while travelling. Not only have I learned many words in multiple languages, listened to and watched other cultures communicate, but I’ve also noticed the many different ways people use languages in different countries. This seems important while studying language in order to understand the way something is communicated. Or perhaps how something isn’t communicated, by language barriers for example, which is something I have experience many times while living in an expat country and going to an International school. I guess it’s part of the fun of communicating.

Until next time,
Gabby





6 comments:

  1. Interesting blog, the part where you explain your passion for photography is really well said. I also think it's really great that you learn a few words from different languages. I agree that being excluded due to language barrier is part of the fun of communicating. Oh and by the way, what to type of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog reads very smoothly and is interesting as well. The part where you discuss that you've noticed the many different ways people use languages in different countries and how this seems important while studying language in order to understand the way something is communicated seems to stand out the most for me. I enjoyed reading it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an insightful first post. Considering your passion for photography, I am curious how you feel about the power of visual language. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the carefree yet confident attitude you convey through this blog post. It's original, informative, and doesn't bore the reader, because of its appropriate length and word choice. I hope all your other blog posts are like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very detailed introductionary post, the post was very easy to read with a casual but formal choice of language. "Or perhaps how something isn’t communicated, by language barriers for example, which is something I have experienced many times while living in an expat country and going to an International school." The language barriers are of course a part of your life when you are studying in an International School. I liked how you connect your passion for photography to the topic of language. Great use of language, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading through your post and learning more about you. I admire the way you mentioned that language can be experienced while travelling and why its important. I like the way I find myself experiencing the same position when it comes to language barriers and i like the way you wrote that struggling to find a balance in communication is fun and can be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete